Game Chat Moderator
- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
Are you experienced in gaming, internet safety, online communities or have a deep interest in online social interactions?
We are looking for game moderators with integrity who are committed to providing safe online experiences for kids. Our moderators will review live chat interactions, chat logs, and user generated content from players to ensure they do not violate our community guidelines.
Project tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing newly registered account usernames to ensure they do not disclose personal information or contain vulgarities
- Vetting user drawn images and determining if they are appropriate
- Monitoring live in-game chat and chat logs and issuing player account disciplines accordingly
- Identifying language tactics that attempt to bypass chat filters and make suggestions for improvement
- Attend meetings and virtual hangouts (where needed)
Key Abilities and Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Previous experience moderating content for gaming communities
- Loves video games, pop culture, technology, entertainment, and kids
- You can take initiative for yourself and don’t like to be micro managed
- Fluent in English, including writing, reading and speaking, especially slang and colloquialisms
- Detail oriented, with an eye for spotting “something wrong/inappropriate”
- Aren’t afraid to make thoughtful and informed decisions
- Likes to multi-task
- Ability to read and comprehend large amounts of information that constantly changes on the fly
- Internet savvy, with a basic computer proficiency in MS Office programs and Google apps.
- Must have “thick skin” and be comfortable with reviewing and discussing concerning content
- Available to work during high volume times (holidays, weekends, evenings, etc.)
- This is a contract position
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- No agents or third-party submissions, please.
- Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.