Ruby/Rails Web Developer
- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. Our mobile app "Play Wild" recently won the "Google Play – Best Kids App" of 2017. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Build and maintain web applications using Ruby on Rails and other open-source platforms and technologies
• Collaborate with different teams to successfully build and publish websites
• Ability to work independently as well as leveraging the contributions of others
• Use source code management to track changes, create branches, and merge patches between stable and release branches
• Participate in all stages of software development -from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
• Write excellent code and associated tests
• Not currently attending a coding bootcamp (Sorry, check back in a few years)
• 3+ years of experience with Ruby.
• Professional experience with debugging, profiling, and tuning Rails for performance.
• 2+ years of experience with SQL.
Riak or other distributed databases
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time, salaried position in our studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.
Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.