DevOps Systems Engineer
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA, Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
Help define the next iteration of WildWorks distributed game server architecture.
Perform migrations to and from cloud services to bare metal infrastructures.
Monitor and respond to alerts/outages in a 24/7 on call rotation.
Maintain and improve system monitoring and availability.
Perform software deployments as needed.
- AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, ELB
- Experience configuring and tuning LVM volumes
- Experience with Kernel and network based tuning for performance and stability
- Experience with DNS fundamentals
- Systems knowledge within the Linux ecosystem
- Experience with Nginx and Apache webserver technologies
- Grasp of fundamental networking principles, specifically TCP/IP
- Experience with Chef, Ansible, or similar orchestration tools
Bonus points if you have familiarity with:
- Node.JS, MySQL, Git, GitHub, Android, Ruby, Rails, Java, C#
Competitive salary plus profit sharing. Phenomenal health coverage, 401K, paid time off, occasionally work from home, free drinks, snacks, paid travel to industry conferences, company-sponsored family dinner events, and a lot more.
A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape. The stability and confidence of a privately-owned 10-year-old company who owns the intellectual property and self-determines the direction of its most popular hit children's game.
All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like.
A creative work environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This is a full-time, salaried position in our Salt Lake City studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.
Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.