Marketing Project Manager
- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy, and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and create the future of Animal Jam, already the #1 MMO playground for kids. Animal Jam is developed at our studio in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah; 20 minutes away from spectacular wilderness and outdoor recreation, including the greatest skiing on Earth.
As part of our team, you will work across multiple facets of the game’s development to deliver the greatest possible experience for players. We are looking for the best of the best; talented, fun-loving people ready to join an entrepreneurial company on a rocket ride to the pinnacle of children’s digital media.
The WildWorks marketing and licensing team is responsible for the global promotion of the massively popular social network for kids, Animal Jam, created in partnership with National Geographic. Aside from traditional media such as print, television, out of home, PR, events, and digital – we also focus on content driven initiatives, strategic partnerships, merchandising, and more.
As both the product and our team continues to grow, we are in need of an experienced Project Manager to oversee and direct multiple projects at a time, ensuring that these projects are scoped appropriately, tasked based on available resources, and delivered on-time. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Project Manager will work with all members of the marketing and licensing team, marketing contractors, and on occasion, other teams within the WildWorks studio. A successful Project Manager would be able to communicate effectively with the group about projects, task assignments, and potential issues so that the team is working as efficiently as possible.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with the marketing team to identify the scope of work, deliverables, schedule, and needed tools to deliver the project within the established constraints
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Develop, implement, and maintain project management processes, systems, and tools to support project planning and implementation
• Work as central point of contact for all concerned parties on plans and needs to complete projects on time
• Schedule and facilitate project-related team meetings (kick-offs, status, reviews, etc), communicate action items to team, and report on status of projects to key stakeholders.
• Manage, archive, and distribute documents and creative assets for team members as necessary to ensure timely coordination, approval, and production
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years of experience in project management
• Experience managing creative processes
• Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
• Strong strategic thinking combined with great execution
• Superior leadership qualities, with a strong track-record of increasing responsibility
• Strong project management skills, including supervising multiple projects simultaneously
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
• Ability to work independently within a rigorous deadline schedule
• Excellent attention to detail