- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy, and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and create the future of Animal Jam, already the #1 MMO playground for kids. Animal Jam is developed at our studio in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah; 20 minutes away from spectacular wilderness and outdoor recreation, including the greatest skiing on Earth.
As part of our team, you will work across multiple facets of the game’s development to deliver the greatest possible experience for players. We are looking for the best of the best; talented, fun-loving people ready to join an entrepreneurial company on a rocket ride to the pinnacle of children’s digital media.
WildWorks is looking for an exceptional Animator to join our team as we constantly improve and build our kids property, Animal Jam. The ideal candidate should have an overall passion for animation and demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of animation. The ability to accept and give constructive feedback is a must as we constantly seek to improve our craft and team. Experience with some rigging and Mel scripting is highly beneficial. Ideally this job is 70% animation and 30% technical.
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of Maya
- Ability to problem solve issues within a production pipeline
- Strong ability to animate a variety of characters and props
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to help others improve
- Experience working with game engines
- Able to storyboard ideas clearly
- Strong understanding of timing with varying frame rate animations
- Basic knowledge of rendering within Maya
- Creative thinking in developing unique and fun animations and stories
Beneficial skills to have although not Required
- Intermediate ability in Rigging and Mel scripting are a plus
- Experience working in Unity
- Produce animations for in game characters and props
- Produce high quality short cinematic animations for promotional use
- Render assets as needed and required by game specifications
- Help the development of fellow animators by giving constructive and insightful feedback and critiques
- Create thumbnails and Storyboards for short cinematics
Other Responsibilities may include
- Rigging of characters and props
- Maintenance and creation of Mel scripts in the 3d pipeline