- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
The WildWorks marketing and licensing team is responsible for the global promotion of the massively popular social network for kids, Animal Jam, created in partnership with National Geographic. Aside from traditional media such as print, television, out of home, PR, events, and digital – we also focus on content driven initiatives, strategic partnerships, merchandising, and more.
As both the product and our team continues to grow, we are in need of an Illustrator to assist in creating collateral for both our advertising and licensing needs. Projects vary and must be completed in Adobe Illustrator. Reporting to the Marketing Project Manager, the Illustrator will work with various members of the marketing team, marketing contractors, and on occasion, other teams within the WildWorks studio. A successful Illustrator will have a keen understanding of children’s media, be able to adapt to the existing brand guidelines, and work within a team environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work with marketing and licensing team to develop compelling vector illustrations for Animal Jam property and spin-off properties
• Abide by Animal Jam style guide and visual identity
• Develop creative from specs provided by Creative Director and Art Director
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 3 years of full-time illustration experience or long-term experience as an established freelancer
• Portfolio that shows range, versatility, and talent in creating art for established properties
• Great communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively with creative and marketing teams
• High comfort level working on a wide range of projects
• Experience in problem-solving and changing creative direction on the fly, with excellent results
• Dexterity and flexibility in handling multiple projects and priorities
• Adaptable to quick turnarounds and multiple deadlines
• Experience and comfort with feedback and revisions when necessary
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly proficient in illustrator and photoshop
• Start-up and/or gaming experience is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time, salaried position in our Salt Lake City studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.
Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.