- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy, and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and create the future of Animal Jam, already the #1 MMO playground for kids. Animal Jam is developed at our studio in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah; 20 minutes away from spectacular wilderness and outdoor recreation, including the greatest skiing on Earth.
As part of our team, you will work across multiple facets of the game’s development to deliver the greatest possible experience for players. We are looking for the best of the best; talented, fun-loving people ready to join an entrepreneurial company on a rocket ride to the pinnacle of children’s digital media.
The WildWorks marketing and licensing team is responsible for the global promotion of the massively popular social network for kids, Animal Jam, created in partnership with National Geographic. Aside from traditional media such as print, television, out of home, PR, events, and digital – we also focus on content driven initiatives, strategic partnerships, merchandising, and more.
As both the product and our team continues to grow, we are in need of a graphic designer to assist in creating collateral for both our advertising and licensing needs. Projects vary and must be completed in Adobe CC. Reporting to the Marketing Project Manager, the graphic designer will work with various members of the marketing team, marketing contractors, and on occasion, other teams within the WildWorks studio. A successful graphic designer will have a keen understanding of children’s media and branding, be able to adapt to the existing brand guidelines, and work within a team environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with marketing and licensing team to develop compelling advertisements and collateral
- Abide by Animal Jam style guide and visual identity
- Develop creative from specs provided by VP of Marketing and other departments in the studio
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of full-time graphic design experience - must have experience in both online and offline production
- Portfolio that shows range, versatility, and talent in creating assets for established properties
- Great communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively with creative and marketing teams
- High comfort level working on a wide range of projects
- Experience in problem-solving and changing creative direction on the fly, with excellent results
- Dexterity and flexibility in handling multiple projects and priorities
- Adaptable to quick turnarounds and multiple deadlines
- Experience and comfort with feedback and revisions when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Start-up and/or gaming experience is preferred
Please submit Portfolio links with application.
Only applicants submitted through our online recruiting software will be considered.