Care Coordinating Specialist
WithinReach builds pathways to make it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. We strive to create healthy, equitable, vibrant communities where all families have the opportunity to thrive. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities.
As part of our Coordinated Access Team, the Care Coordinating Specialist on the Care Connect Team connects Washington families and individuals that are impacted by COVID-19 to immediate services in order to quarantine and isolate safely and prevent the spread of the virus in the community. By handling outbound calls for assistance, Care Coordinating Specialists serve as a conduit between families and resources via the Care Connect Regional Hubs. Care Coordinating Specialists will provide information and education on COVID-19, local community resources, answer questions, and provide connection to food and financial assistance. The Care Coordination Specialist (Care Connect, Coordinated Access) position will report to the Supervising Coordinator (Care Connect, Coordinated Access).
- Be the point of contact for families and individuals through phone, web, text, or email for Care Connect Services
- Provide COVID-19 education (quarantine/isolation guidance, vaccines, etc.), program information, resource connection, and/or follow-up support to clients including but not limited to COVID-19 symptoms, food and supply deliveries, and financial assistance requests
- Support people to identify what they need to be able to safely isolate themselves from others
- Complete and track client interactions and deliver resources in an online client management system
- Provide friendly, informed, and responsive customer service
- Facilitate financial assistance including communicating and working with clients’ mortgage lenders and landlords/property managers to obtain required documentation
- Manage client caseload efficiently to ensure that clients' needs are met by completing regular, timely follow ups with all clients
- Meet deadlines for document submission for financial requests
- Support staff and program training
- Support with internal and external shadow shifts for our Care Connect work
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income families or within the context of a social service field or familiarity with Washington State programs related to food, health and financial assistance
- 1-2 years of relevant customer service experience
- Bilingual in Spanish or other Language and English (Preferred)
- Multicultural, Preferred
- Lived experience, Preferred
Salary & Benefits: $24.05 Hourly Rate (+$2/hour differential for bilingual candidates), 40 hours/week (may include weekends), non-exempt. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and monthly stipend for internet provided.
Work Location: This position will work remotely. Care Coordinators must be residents of Washington State. Submissions from candidates living outside of Washington will NOT be considered.
Home office: Located at 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to employment. As a public health non-profit that receives funding from several state agencies, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
WithinReach supports inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere. We commit to listening to, representing and embracing diverse perspectives and experiences in all we do.
WithinReach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse workforce that serves and reflects our community.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.