Family Support Specialist
WithinReach builds pathways to make it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. We strive to create healthy, equitable, vibrant communities where all families have the opportunity to thrive. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities.
As part of our Coordinated Access Team, the Family Support Specialist (Mental and Behavioral Health) supports families and individuals seeking information about mental and behavioral health and local resources via the Plan of Safe Care program as well as other Mental and Behavioral Health related programs and projects. They will support outbound calls, online referrals through referral pathways from providers and community partners, provide case management and follow ups, and support other mental and behavioral health projects. The Family Support Specialist will provide information and education on programs and resources, answer questions, provide screening and application assistance for food and health programs, and connect families experiencing mental or behavioral health challenges to mental health supports, substance use resources and treatment, baby supplies, child development programs, and other local community resources using a web-based integrated database. The Family Support Specialist, Mental and Behavioral Health, Coordinated Access position will report to the Supervising Coordinator, Mental and Behavioral Health, Coordinated Access.
- Support and assist perinatal families through phone, web, text, or email inquiries.
- Handle outbound calls and online referrals through an online referral pathway, related to Mental and Behavioral Health programs, pilots and projects.
- Provide program information, eligibility screening, application assistance, resource connection, and/or follow-up support to clients including but not limited to MBH, WIC, Basic Food (food stamps), health insurance, child development resources, and other community resources.
- Complete and track client interaction and resource information in a client management system.
- Complete follow ups and contact families to confirm resource connection and referral outcome.
- Manage client caseload and complete follow ups efficiently and effectively.
- Provide friendly, informed, and responsive customer service.
- Obtain Navigator Certification through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange within the first 3 months of employment. WithinReach will provide the necessary training to support the certification process.
- Support staff and program training.
- Support with internal and external shadow shifts for our MBH work.
- Help to maintain, update, and add to a database of MBH related resources and referrals.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other Language and English, Preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income families or within the context of a social service field or familiarity with Washington State programs related to Basic Food, WIC, Medicaid, child development, and MBH resources, Highly desired
- 1-2 years of call center and/or relevant customer service experience
- Multicultural, Preferred
- Lived experience, Preferred
Salary & Benefits: $24.05/hour ($26.05/hour for bilingual candidates), Full-Time, 40 hours/week. Non-Exempt. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off, monthly internet stipend, flexible work arrangements, matching retirement contributions.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to employment. As a public health non-profit that receives funding from several state agencies, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Work Location: This position has a remote, office-based, or hybrid option. This position requires access to reliable internet connection and the ability to work effectively in a remote setting.
Submissions from candidates living outside of Washington will NOT be considered.
Home office: Located at 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125.
WithinReach supports inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere. We commit to listening to, representing and embracing diverse perspectives and experiences in all we do.
WithinReach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse workforce that serves and reflects our community.