Senior Technical Designer
- El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Wonderstorm is a STORY and PLAY studio in Los Angeles founded by former creative leaders from Riot Games and Naughty Dog, Aaron Ehasz, Justin Richmond and Justin Santistevan. The studio aims to create deep worlds and stories that will form the basis for lasting franchises. Our first franchise, The Dragon Prince, premiered as a Netflix original series in September 2018, and the company is developing a AAA-quality video game based in the same world.
The Dragon Prince topped a variety of popularity lists, including Rotten Tomatoes, and was quickly renewed for a 2nd and 3rd Season. It has captivated millions across all ages and inspired a passionate fan community attracted to its action, adventure, humor and diversity of character.
- Build, script, and contribute to core combat systems design and implementation
- Pitch, prototype, implement, and balance moment to moment gameplay
- Build and maintain AI systems
- Organize and run feedback sessions; coordinate with fellow designers to plan next steps
- Ensure combat design synergizes with other game systems and content
- Work closely with engineers to stand up and maintain new features
- 5+ years of experience shipping in systems or combat design roles
- At least one shipped title in a senior role
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines
- Both provide and hear out constructive feedback and criticism
- Effectively communicate your ideas to other members of the team
- Strong scripting abilities and deep understanding of state machines
- Familiarity with current industry trends in combat and systems design
- Unreal experience a strong plus
We come to work every day inspired by the opportunity to make great games and stories together. Wonderstorm is an energizing place! We're looking for talented, creative, and passionate people to join our small team in order to make a big difference.
Wonderstorm offers excellent benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options (we're all owners)
- Free gym access
Please submit a cover letter via the “Your Message to the Hiring Manager” section on the application.
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.