Desktop Support Technician / PC Support 544-07 Camp Lejeune
- Camp Lejeune, NC
WITS rapidly recruits and places the best I.T. professionals for US Government Agencies and large corporate clients. We have extensive experience in the permanent placement and staff augmentation arenas. We pay particular attention to our client's job requirements and shape our recruiting efforts around their specific needs. Our goal is to deliver the most qualified candidates for every position we are asked to fill.
Desktop Support Technician
World IT Solutions recruits IT professionals for national and international opportunities with US government agencies and leading corporate companies worldwide. We are currently seeking an experienced Desk Support Technician to provide end-user technical support and desk-side assistance. This is an excellent opportunity for a CompTIA Security+ Certified technician with excellent customer service skills and end-user relational experience.
As a Desktop Support Technician you will provide end-user technical support and desk-side assistance. The platforms supported are, Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Dell and HP Computers, Networked Printers, Blackberries and other mobile devices. You will be responsible for receiving inquiries and issues from users and using your expertise to determine the root cause of incidents. You will install, configure, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with PC’s, laptops, network connectivity, printers and peripheral.
Other responsibilities of the PC Technician role include:
- Interfacing directly with internal customers with a professional and positive demeanor
- Updating ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed
- Handling printer deployments and resolving break/fix issues
- Managing PC relocation per Move/Add/Change requests
- Installing and upgrading hardware and software
- Supporting Blackberry/air card/wireless devices
- Setting up and supporting VPN accounts
- Submitting orders for parts
As a Desktop Support Technician you must be CompTIA Security+ Certified and have a proven track record of success providing a high-level of customer satisfaction. You must be able to meet service level agreements while exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills. You must be a resourceful self-starter who is able to work well independently with little-to-no supervision.
Other requirements of the PC Technician role include:
- 3 – 4 years of Information Technology Desktop Support experience
- CompTIA Security+ certification, mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of training and experience
- Experience with Platforms including Dell, HP, Windows XP and 7, MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of network printer installation, setup and troubleshooting
- Strong PC & Network troubleshooting skills
- Desktop and laptop break/fix experience
- Ability to resolve basic to advanced hardware, software and connectivity problems
- Experience with Remedy Ticketing System, a plus
- Must possess a government security clearance or be clearable (US Citizenship required)
- Must pass a background check and hair sample drug screen
- Prior military experience, a plus
At World IT Solutions we connect you with outstanding government and corporate positions that are excellent career opportunities. We were founded by former US Navy officers and we are dedicated to supporting military troops and providing jobs for qualified soldiers. Along with excellent benefits and competitive pay, we also provide free technical training and certification reimbursement for A+, Network+, Security+ and other applicable certifications.
Other benefits of the PC Technician role include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / Accident Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Certification reimbursement
- Referral bonus
World IT Solutions
World IT Solutions, LLC is a full-service consulting firm that specializes in information technology and telecommunications. We provide professional IT and design consulting services as well as engineers and operations specialists to meet military, government and corporate demands worldwide. We continue to fulfill urgent customer demands by providing cleared personnel across the globe.
Learn more at:
Expand your horizons!