Information Security Engineer
- Herndon, VA
WITS rapidly recruits and places the best I.T. professionals for US Government Agencies and large corporate clients. We have extensive experience in the permanent placement and staff augmentation arenas. We pay particular attention to our client's job requirements and shape our recruiting efforts around their specific needs. Our goal is to deliver the most qualified candidates for every position we are asked to fill.
In-depth knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, McAfee MVM).
In-depth knowledge of infrastructure devices.
Responsibilities but would not be limited to:
• working on a team of analysts in day-to-day scanning functions
• Develop plans for implementation of new projects, coordinating processes with the Program Manager, Operations, COO and other resources as appropriate
• Provide the team with well-defined assignments including procedures, deadlines and accountability and ensure consistency in the delivery of scanning services
• Review Customer deliverables and ensure Customer SLA’s meet and/or exceed level of Customer expectations
• Maintain awareness of changing trends and regulations
• Additional responsibilities will include process improvement, performing documentation review and improvement, attending meetings as needed, facilitate cross-functional team cooperation as needed
- Perform other essential duties and lead other projects as assigned or requested
8+ years information security
4+ years incident response experience
8 to 10 years working within an IT Networking environment
•Experience with McAfee suite (ePO consoles)
•Theoretical and practical knowledge of TCP/IP stack protocols (2nd layer and above).
•Knowledge of current security threats, vulnerabilities and web application attacks.
•Experience with web vulnerability scanners, database assessment tools highly desired
•Experience with NEssus tools
•Experience with PCI, HIPPA or SOX audit and compliance is a plus
••Experience with TCP/IP packet analysis.
•Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
•Excellent problem solving skills and keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team
•Bachelors in a technical degree
• Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling and response
• Experience in a fast-paced, high-stress support environment
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or multiple areas such as Windows, Unix, Midrange, Mainframe, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Threat Detection Analysis or Information Risk Management
• Outstanding work ethic
• Network, Security or Platform certifications desired (i.e., S+, N+, MCSP, CNA)
• CISSP or SANS GIAC GCIA certification
Pay Rate is $50/ per hour with 5 days PTO and 10 paid holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.