Advertising sales account representative
- Schenectady, NY
Twice-monthly niche newspaper with additional specialty publications, including major regional guide to summer arts and entertainment
Demonstrate your drive to win by joining our fast-paced team selling our robust portfolio of media and marketing solutions to clients in the healthcare, education, and other industries. You’ll be part of a team of inside sales professionals who have an entrepreneurial spirit – they’re hard working, self-motivated and confident.
In this role you’ll help your clients connect with professionals across multiple platforms. We offer you a solid base salary, great training and support from our marketing team! Your sales success is rewarded with uncapped commissions paid bi-weekly.
- Sell digital and print media to increase the existing book of business and develop new business
- Sell multiple platform sales campaigns that may include print, digital, etc.
- Effectively overcome objections and close business to meet/exceed your sales revenue objectives
Full time position -- start selling immediately for our popular and lucrative summer travel guide.
Due to rapid growth we need a self starter who knows how to use the phone to sell.
The product is established and in its 41st year of production. There are printed and Internet components to sell.
You must have good organizational skills, basic computer skills, excellent communication skills, and a strong drive to be successful. You must be reliable and hard-working, enjoy prospecting, and love the thrill of the chase.
Previous phone sales experience is helpful but if you have the desire and are reliable, we will train you.
This position is full time until May 15, after which it can be permanent full time if we all agree it's the right fit. We publish many other products and have plans to develop new ones. The position pays a draw vs. commission.
Required skills: e-mail, Internet, spreadsheets. Ability to listen and follow instructions, ability to take initiative, follow through, and close sales.
We like to make money and have some fun doing it!
Please send us a cover letter and your resume for immediate consideration: frank at capitalregionsummerscene (dot) com
We will pay you a draw
vs. 20% commission
- Conscientiousness – Strong sense of duty, responsibility and reliability.
- Initiative – Self-starter / “Hunter” attitude (persistence and regular follow-ups). Highly resourceful.
- Leadership – Respected influencer of others actions and opinions.
- Competitiveness – Not discouraged easily, and hates to lose.
- Modesty – Not ostentatious, or full of bravado.
- Measurement Orientation – Fixated on achieving goals and continuously measuring performance against goals.
- Curiosity – Strong hunger for knowledge and information. Continual self-development.
- Organization – Highly organized, and time efficient.
Education: Bachelor's Degree from 4-year, accredited college
Experience: 1-2+ years sales experience
- Proven success in developing new business, writing client proposals and managing complex sales cycles from generating leads to closing deals.
- Proven track record of penetrating and expanding solid accounts.
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas and goals.
- Experience in selling in a competitive environment.
- Minimum Computer Experience: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
---Ideal/Icing Qualifications (Non-Required)---
- 3+ years direct sales experience.
- Any advertising sales and/or professional services sales experience (e.g. newspaper advertising, billboard / outdoor advertising, TV advertising, radio advertising, etc.)
- Strong executive-level/decision-maker contacts in enterprise and mid-market companies
- Experience with digital marketing —Email Marketing & Web Design.
- Experience with a CRM application, such as Salesforce, ACT, NetSuite, or Capsule
- Experience using website analytics software (Omniture, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, etc) a plus.
**IMPORTANT: These Ideal/Icing qualifications are simply a “plus”, but NOT AT ALL REQUIRED TO BE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.