DSL Field Technician
- New York, NY
Xchange Telecom, an expanding, facilities-based network company, is a provider of full featured local, consumer long distance, toll free, calling card, prepaid and wholesale services.
Xchange Telecom is committed to continuous expansion of its product line to provide an end-to-end telecommunications solution for its growing customer base.
With a comprehensive suite of services, remarkable pricing structure, invoice reporting tools and high-end customer service, Xchange Telecom is the answer to every residential and commercial customer out there.
Troubleshoot and repair DSL/POTS services from NID to end user interface.
• Troubleshoot POTS and data service from NID, indoor and outdoor wiring of phone and data cable. Test and troubleshoot metallic circuits.
• Working knowledge and familiarity with COLT 250 ADSL2+ test device.
• Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, and integrations; following industry standards.
• Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
• Communicates with network operations. Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
• Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
• Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
• Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
• Must be willing to travel as needed within the NY/NJ/CT area, and work before 9 AM or after 5 PM as needed by management.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Clean driver’s license.
Basic understanding of Network Protocols, TCP/IP and experience with Physical Layer.
Prior experience working with VoIP and Telecommunications is a plus.
Network+; CCNA; CCNA Voice; CCNP certificates is a plus.
Attention to Detail, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Understanding of SIP Protocols and VoIP.
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Based on Experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.