- Khartoum, Sudan, OTHER
Vacancy code: VA/PO/B8065
Position Title: Research Assistant
Department/office: Private Office
Duty Station: Khartoum, Republic of Sudan
Contract type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-time
Duration: 1 Year
Deadline: 31 December 2019
The Private Office of Ambassador Saeed ZAKI of Sudan advocates for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum - Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe for the benefit of young people.
We are looking for a driven Research Assistant to assist in carrying out a particular research agenda.
Under the direct supervision of the Private Office Manager, the Research Assistant will be will support the office in research, design and develop innovative initiatives across a portfolio of work. She/he will be working on pilots, service design workshops, and follow-up activities.
The Research Assistant will also undertake data collection and analysis to understand how a project works, and how to adapt or improve the approach and sustain the impact.
As delegated by the Ambassador, the Media Assistant will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
Assist in the delivery of evaluation and design activities across the Private Office projects, including:
- Collect and analyze qualitative data;
- Find effective ways to communicate data;
- Positive relationships with external partners and partners involved in research projects;
- Ensure the successful delivery of research & design projects;
- Contribute to reports for internal and external publication;
- Support and facilitate service design activities;
- Ensure regular and timely communications about your activity to the Design and
- Innovation Team alongside the wider Good Things Foundation organization.
- Ensure an excellent standard in professional presentation when communicating with external partners;
- Notify the team of any additional opportunities for income generation or partnership development that arise as a result of project evaluation or other research.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of the Private Office;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals.
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance professional and personal networking.
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various communications tools and channels.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
First level degree in communication, media, journalism, public relations or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.