- Khartoum, Sudan, OTHER
Vacancy code: VA/PO/B6063
Position Title: Programme Coordinator
Department/office: Private Office
Duty Station: Khartoum, Republic of Sudan
Contract type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-time
Duration: 1 Year
Deadline: 31 December 2019
The Private Office of Ambassador Saeed ZAKI of Sudan advocates for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum - Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe for the benefit of young people.
We are looking for a driven Programme Coordinator to provide coordination support to our different programme portfolios.
Under the direct supervision of the Private Office Manager, the Programme Coordinator plans and coordinates the Private Office activities, initiatives related to youth, administrative, and operational activities of a narrowly defined programme/projects. The work is usually youth empowerment-focused. Duties typically include planning and administration, budget management and control, program implementation and administration, internal and external operational/administrative liaison, programme marketing, and reporting.
As delegated by the Ambassador, the Programme Coordinator will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
- Provides administrative support in the development, implementation, and marketing of programme/projects function.
- Serves as a principal liaison between the team and external partners on, programmatic, operational, and administrative issues; facilitates seminars, meetings, special projects, and problem resolution.
- Coordinates activities of staff, and/or volunteers engaged in implementation and administration of programme objectives and activities.
- Writes, edits, and coordinates development of catalogs, promotional materials, educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program.
- Collects and analyzes data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information.
- May perform specialized activities of a programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of programme objectives and protocol.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of the Private Office;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals.
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance professional and personal networking.
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various communications tools and channels.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
First level degree in communication, media, journalism, public relations or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.