Personal Assistant to the Ambassador
- Khartoum, Sudan, OTHER
Vacancy code: VA/PO/B5017
Position Title: Personal Assistant to the Ambassador
Department/office: Private Office
Duty Station: Khartoum, Republic of Sudan
Contract type: Voluntary Service (VS)
Duration: 1 Year
Closing Date: 31 December 2019
The Private Office of Ambassador Saeed ZAKI of Sudan advocates for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum - Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe for the benefit of young people.
The Personal Assistant to the Ambassador relieves operational and administrative details and performs administrative functions that require a thorough knowledge of national policies, procedures, and operations and an understanding of the office's role within the community. The Personal Assistant to the Ambassador has recurring contact with members of the public figures, senior administrators and executives, public and private officials and the media. He/she exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the Ambassador’s schedule and the office’s daily activities.
- As delegated by the Ambassador, the Personal Assistant will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
- Support the Ambassador in meetings, workshops, conferences with national partners; take minutes of the meetings, and assist in interpretation when necessary.
- Represents the Ambassador by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging special dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the Ambassador.
- Publishes the corporate newsletter by gathering information; preparing and editing articles; designing graphic presentation; producing and distributing.
- Helps key partners make consistent decisions by advising them of historical precedents; serving as a liaison between them and the Ambassador.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the corporate jet; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing corporate changes.
- Enhances Ambassador’s and corporation's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports, and presentations.
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the Ambassador is well prepared for meetings.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of the Private Office;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- An adaptable, flexible problem-solver;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals.
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance professional and personal networking.
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control even under pressure.
First level degree in business administration, communication, international relations, media, public relations, management or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.