- Khartoum, Sudan, xx
Vacancy code: VA/PO/B7018
Position Title: Office Manager
Department/office: Private Office
Duty Station: Khartoum, Republic of Sudan
Contract type: Voluntary Service (VS)
Duration: 1 Year
Deadline: 20 January 2019
Private Office of the Ambassador Saeed ZAKI of the Republic of Sudan. The office advocate for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum - Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe.
If you're a young talented leader and great organizer with strong administration skills and a flair for leading and motivating teams, then opportunity could be for you. As an office manager, you're responsible for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office. This includes the organising of people, information and other resources.
Under the direct guidance of the Ambassador, the Office Manager will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the challenges of supporting a creative office of diverse people and programmes.
As delegated by the Ambassador, the Office Manager will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
- Assist the Ambassador with his daily schedule and duties, to include managing office calendar, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.).
- Provide general administrative support to the Private Office.
- Maintaining paper and online records and defining procedures for their retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal.
- Arranging meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.).
- Drafting correspondence and presentations.
- Recording, transcribing, and distributing notes/minutes of meetings; and
- Providing support to staff as needed.
- Conducting background checks on potential new staff, vendors and partners.
- Maintaining human resources files in accordance with regulations, and established standards.
- Developing and maintaining files; and
- Developing and maintaining various databases and reports.
Skills and Experience:
- An experience in an office setting, talented fresh graduate is accepted.
- Prior experience with international development and/or non-profit organizations, and/or working in a start-up business environment is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Private Office.
- A strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Able to work independently and take initiative;
- Results oriented;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others; able and willing to assist co-workers in the development of their own professional skills in order to ensure the team’s success; and
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance professional and personal networking.
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
- Ability to supervise and train support staff.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control even under pressure.
First level degree in business administration, communication, international relations, media, public relations, management or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.