- Khartoum, Sudan, OTHER
The Private Office of Ambassador Saeed ZAKI of Sudan advocates for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum - Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe for the benefit of young people.
We are looking for a driven Media Assistant to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
Under the direct supervision of the Ambassador, the Media Assistant will be developing content for a variety of mediums (print collateral, video, website, landing pages, blogs, white papers, eBooks, email, social media, digital, etc.) within corporate standards. She/he will work on managing customized and complex email campaigns as well as developing and implementing Social Media strategy, and creating and managing high-end interactive multimedia products designed to present and clarify complex messages to diverse audiences. In this role, the Media Assistant will seek to increase brand visibility by merging our culture of genuine caring with the challenge of media communications to a broad audience.
As delegated by the Ambassador, the Media Assistant will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
(A) Media/Communications Support:
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content suitable for the Sudanese and global audience.
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Liaise with media entities in coverage, establishing contacts database and maintaining strategic media relationships with media partners and news agencies.
- Organize media/press briefing and opportunities and interviews at national, regional and global level.
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters to partners and associated networks.
- Brainstorming photo and video opportunities for the Private Office.
- Contribute to the office visibility through Write articles, success stories and blogs as appropriate.
- Experience utilizing an email service provider’s marketing platform to build, test and deploy email campaigns to drive engagement.
(B) Multimedia Support:
- Producing, filming and editing promotional videos for programs and events.
- Live event Photo/videography.
- Assisting with the production and implementation of annual calendar of special events designed to promote the programs and services offered by the Private Office.
(C) Social Media Support:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media campaigns, activities and projects.
- Manages the Private Office’s social media channels.
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for creative social media content.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Actively participate in a wide range of social media activities; manage cross-platform social media campaigns.
- Analyze past and current social posts and campaigns to continually optimize brand posts.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of the Private Office;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals.
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance professional and personal networking.
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various communications tools and channels.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
First level degree in communication, media, journalism, public relations or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.