Protocol Officer (2 Positions)
- Khartoum, Sudan, OTHER
Vacancy code: VA/PO/B7038
Position Title: Protocol Officer
Department/Office: Private Office
Duty Station: Khartoum, Republic of Sudan
Contract type: Voluntary Service (VS)
Duration: 1 Year
Deadline: 31 December 2019
The Private Office of Ambassador Saeed ZAKI of Sudan advocates for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum - Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe for the benefit of young people.
Under the direct supervision of the Ambassador, the Protocol Officer will work to provide support on corporate communications and broader corporate objectives, and providing protocol services in accordance with the national policies & practices; and international norms and conventions.
As delegated by the Ambassador, the Protocol Officer will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
(A) Communications and coordination support:
- Research and support on communications related work such as set up and follow-through with briefings, interviews, reporting press at events.
- Draft press releases and media invites, official letters, compile media distribution lists and contacts.
- Integrate communications strategy to any press or visibility activity.
- Provide and adapt visuals to support digital messaging. Plan strategic communication for different engagement and purposes.
- Compile local and regional media distribution lists and contacts.
- Arrange interviews, opinion editorials and briefings with business and specialist publications.
- The officer will also be expected to support broader corporate objectives: e.g. by taking a proactive part in new initiatives and activities.
- Coordinate with the management and the project teams for updates on accomplished projects’ activities for potential success stories/case studies.
- Participate and provide input in operational proceedings including staff and program meetings, workshops, events, seminars, annual planning etc.
(B) Protocol Support:
- To receive, accompany and see off official delegations and official guests.
- Carry out instructions from Office Manager in preparing for ceremonies.
- Assist in organizing conferences and meetings, and other logistic arrangements for visiting delegations and official guests.
- Organizes events that involve international relations though sends invitations and arranges to receive visitors, while planning for their parking and seating positions.
- Prepare correspondence and liaise with the government agencies and embassies on other matters, as directed.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts in the Government and the diplomatic network to facilitate protocol and other work.
- Arrange appointments for the Private Office staff and prepare visit programs, including logistical arrangements, for official visitors.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of the Private Office;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals.
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance professional and personal networking.
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various communications tools and channels.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
First level degree in communication, journalism, international relations, business administration, public relations or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.