Sr. Category Manager, Produce
- Pittsburgh, PA
At York Executive Solutions we are dedicated to creating a dynamic, challenging work environment to help you succeed and expand your career. Our commitment to innovation with continuous improvement encourages each employee to drive and change performance. Our combination of top talent, resources and support allows our teams to create great results. If you would like to be part of an organization that values new ideas and recognizes the importance of diversity, then York Executive Solutions is the executive search firm for you.
We’re looking for motivated, results-oriented individuals to join our dynamic team.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Manage the Produce Line of Business including all buying and merchandising functions with the objective of further developing and growing the business while meeting or exceeding budgeted financial goals.
- Actively manage the Produce Line of Business to achieve annual financial goals including sales objectives, retail and wholesale gross margin, wholesale income, shrink, known loss, inventory turns and service level, making strategic and tactical adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in the development of strategic plan and annual operating plan (budget) in accordance with Produce LOB strategic goals and in cooperation with the VP, Produce/Floral.
- Monitor trends in new products, consumer behavior, share, competition, fixturing and store layouts to inform decisions and initiate innovation.
- Supervise staff consisting of buyers and support staff by setting clear objectives, ensuring the preparation of Development Action Plans, providing ongoing feedback and coaching to prepare staff for potential promotional opportunities.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with vendors, stores, logistics, distribution, marketing, wholesale and retail accounting and space management to insure all constituencies' voices are heard.
- Oversee department layouts and planograms, acting as final arbiter within Produce LOB and as voice of the Produce LOB in format overall space discussions.
- Act as the central merchandising and buying interface for all formats (Supermarket, Market District), working cooperatively with the merchandising counterparts for each banner.
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws as they pertain to merchandising.
- Special projects as assigned
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: $5mm +
- Responsible for direct and indirect supervision of team members in one or more departments.
- 3 to 5 years
At least two years Category Manager experience
This is a Direct Hire position in Pittsburg, PA Compensation: $95,000 to $140,000 base pay relocation will be on a case by case. 15% Bonus
Please send resume, salary requirements, and available times to speak for a telephonic interview.
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Candidates that have US Authorization will be considered for this position.