This Public Relations Manager will play a key role in building awareness, creating strategy and generating leads for YourMechanic.com. The position will be responsible for: creating and coordinating PR strategy and plans, developing PR campaigns that engage core target markets, fostering media relationships across a wide spectrum of verticals and more. Must have solid relationships with key players, you've got your finger on the pulse of social media, and of course, you're an exceptional writer. This position will also require independent self starter who can help YourMechanic.com establish a successful branded reputation locally and nationally. We are seeking a highly motivated and creative PR professional who is able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment and deliver results.
- Construct a pre-launch, launch, and post-launch communications calendar optimized to consistently increase community building and brand exposure
- Assure all media outreach maintains YourMechanic.com's integrity, style, tone, voice, and mission
- Monitor automobile service trends, influencers, and consumer product news for information that can be applied to, or result in, new communication strategies
- Develop compelling news angles; experience with digital media and an ability to strategically seek out opportunities that will build audiences.
- Write and manage content (press releases, news alerts, fact sheets) for media outreach
- Build and maintain relationships with key consumer & business media
- Build relationships with press, bloggers, and influencers in the industry