Tech Blogger Internship
- Durham, NC
In our increasingly digital world the Youth Digital seeks to introduce the creativity of young people to the power of technology, preparing them to succeed in our new digital world.
Youth Digital is located at 15-501 and Mt. Moriah and offers online classes in digital design to students from 47 states and 5 continents. For more info please visit: youthdigital (dot) com
Youth Digital is looking for a technology blogger to contribute to our latest project, a new subdomain on our website that will aim to be the number one source for students ages 8-12 (and their parents) to learn about cutting edge technology. The blogger will be responsible for writing three types of posts:
- Reviews of the best software to allow kids to create with technology (game design engines, graphic design programs, etc)
- General interest articles that adhere to the blog/site’s main themes and are of interest to the site’s audience
- Reviews of popular video games, websites, or other media for both parents & kids
Because we are a small creative company this is a great opportunity to help build a site from the ground up and the position/posts can be tailored to your specific interests and skills as long as they are in line with the general goal of the site.
- MUST be a fast learner and problem solver.
- MUST have experience troubleshooting software programs.
- Writing and journalism experience (please send at least one example of your work).
- Video creation and editing a huge plus.
- A general excitement about working with kids. Experience with teaching kids is a plus.
- Strong interest in technology and proficiency in one or more creative technologies.
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Passion and dedication.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
Internship will provide Exposure to:
- All types of different creative software and technologies
- Working with a cutting edge product on a small creative and motivated team
- Building a unique site/blog on top of our established web presence
- The Interaction of kids and technology
Benefits of Internship
- Flexible Hours
- Considered for full time position available in the fall
The internship is available to start immediately, however we are also willing to interview candidates for a summer internship. We expect the internship to last 3-6 months.
Pay: Commiserate with experience.
Starting Hours: 5-15hrs/week in spring and/or 30-40 hrs/week in Summer
To Apply: Write to Justin Richards justin(at)youthdigital.com with attached resume and example of work.