Our mission is to empower youth and their families with the skills necessary to pursue higher education and create strong communities. We provide students throughout the Northeast San Fernando Valley with creative, high-quality programs that channel their intellect and talent, build their academic skills, and strengthen their investment in their own communities. We have a youth-driven and productive work environment where you can make a real difference in the community. YSC organizational values are: Youth-Driven, Community Engagement and Collaboration, Youth Development, Education and Staff Development.
Type: Part time, 10-20 hours, occasional Saturdays
Salary: $13 - $16/Hour (based on experience)
Education: HS Diploma required, Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.) preferred
Location: Northeast San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, CA
Language(s): English and Spanish required
Area of Focus: Community Outreach, Health Care Awareness, Marketing & Communications
This position provides assistance to the Community Outreach Coordinator. They are responsible for helping to reach the grant goals of outreach and education for the Covered California grant and YSC programs and organization. They will represent YSC and market the Covered California materials fairs, events, festivals and other gatherings in the San Fernando Valley and City of Los Angeles. The Community Outreach Assistant will main the office space that the YSC Pacoima office (Organizing Office) and assist in the overall paperwork, maintenance, development, outreach and compliance of program goals. This is a grant funded position, funded through December 2014. This position reports to the Community Outreach Coordinator.
- Support the Community Outreach Coordinator in the development of outreach and education strategy for the organization to reach out to 25,000 individuals in the community about Covered California and YSC programs
- Attend monthly trainings and meetings as required with the FuturoNow Community Health Connectors team
- Assist in the development and submission of all reports and paperwork
- Attend outreach and educational events across the San Fernando Valley to represent the organization
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Outreach Coordinator
- Answer phones, schedule meetings and workshops, direct youth and their families to appropriate staff and programs
- Collaborate in the planning and running of small and large events to coordination with other YSC programs and staff
- At least two years of work in related field working with and for Latino communities
- Familiarity with local nonprofits, businesses, faith and community based organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage your time, as well as plan and prioritize your work
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant programs
- Organized, punctual and able to meet deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with partners
- Must be comfortable working in an assistant position completing office related tasks
- Energetic and able to be proactive in developing productive relationships
- Experience working at community fairs, events and festivals
- Individual with flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit and drive
If you fit the description, we want to talk to you!
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put the name of your position in the subject line of email.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.