Paralegal and Legal Secretary
- Griffith, IN
Zamudio Law Professionals PC is a small firm with a Corporate and General practice. The firm is made up of 3 attorneys, each with separate calendars and different desires for the details of their work product.
The firm is in need of a proficient and detail oriented paralegal who will also do legal secretary duties. The firm looks to bring on a friendly person capable of high level interactions with the public. The person should be very good at handling many circumstances.
Minimum qualifications should be experience working for a law firm in Indiana or being a recent graduate from a paralegal studies program in Indiana.
Some straightforward items of the job are:
- Some real life experence drafting any type of legal documents, ideally in a law firm setting;
- Creating, proofing, and managing all manners of legal and non-legal documents;
- interacting with callers, clients, and other members of the legal community;
- filing documents electronically and in paper form;
- stupendous typing and word processing skills using Openoffice;
- motivated to really understand the legal system in which the attorneys work;
- identifying tasks and getting them done;
- extremely good organizing skills;
- managing time for the attorneys and the firm;
- electronic document management.
Whoever comes aboard should be ready to try hard and show clear results.
Punctual, fast typer, articulate, neat & organized, friendly, able to prioritize, and able to use computer applications with great skill. Not afraid to do menial office tasks if needed (e.g. make coffee, pick up). Will have opportunity to run office errands as well, courthouse runs, office supply store runs, etc.
Ideal candidate will live in Griffith, Indiana, love to learn, and not be afraid to talk with lawyers.
If you have only paralegal education and no paralegal experience please provide a current transcript.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.