Drafting Supervisor - Incinerators
- Broken Arrow, OK
Zeeco designs and manufactures industrial combustion and pollution control technologies for the petroleum, chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries. Zeeco product lines include ultra-low emission burners, gas and liquid flaring systems and hazardous waste incineration. Zeeco’s corporate headquarters covers over 230 acres (1 km2) near Tulsa, Oklahoma (USA) in a modern debt-free facility and includes a 66,000 square-foot (6,132 m2) manufacturing facility and one of the industry’s largest combustion research and testing facilities. Zeeco subsidiaries reside in Houston Texas, USA, United Kingdom, South Korea, India, Saudi Arabia and Japan.
The Drafter Supervisor position at Zeeco will manage a team of up to 20 drafters. This position will also work with CAD to design various projects for Zeeco’s Incinerator Department.
- Manage a group of up to 20 drafters/designers.
- Be responsible for teams performance and report status updates to the Project Engineer Manager on various projects
- Handle training, disciplinary actions, coaching and mentoring for your team
Items below are what is required of your team and therefore should be included in your skill set.
- Analyzes project mechanical specifications / requirements to design appropriate equipment for the application.
- Assists engineering team with confirmation of equipment selection and design.
- Prepares various drawings of parts, assemblies, and products, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse views, hidden lines and small intricate details.
- Utilizes Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) system or equivalent to complete assignments in both 2D and 3D.
- Makes arithmetic computations using standard formulas.
- Assignments may include information on methods, procedures, sources of information, precedents to follow, and more detailed verbal instructions from project engineer and/or supervisor. Simple revisions to existing drawings may be assigned with a verbal explanation of desired results.
- Assists project engineer in ensuring all required drawings are completed and meets project requirements. Assists with reviewing customer mark-up prints and disposition of comments.
- Shop visits and travel to assist with design changes as required per the project and to assist shop personnel with guidelines for production of equipment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word / Excel / Adobe and all Web based systems for design completion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Some of these duties may include:
- Check drawings as required. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Potential travel to project meetings and/or jobsites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or another engineering field) or equivalent work/education experience
- 5+ years drafting/design experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Combustion experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NOTICE TO AGENCY RECRUITERS
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes. Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do NOT send resumes to any of our Supervisors, Managers or Executives.