- Plainville, CT
Zeeco designs and manufactures industrial combustion and pollution control technologies for the petroleum, chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries. Zeeco product lines include ultra-low emission burners, gas and liquid flaring systems and hazardous waste incineration. Zeeco’s corporate headquarters covers over 230 acres (1 km2) near Tulsa, Oklahoma (USA) in a modern debt-free facility and includes a 66,000 square-foot (6,132 m2) manufacturing facility and one of the industry’s largest combustion research and testing facilities. Zeeco subsidiaries reside in Houston Texas, USA, United Kingdom, South Korea, India, Saudi Arabia and Japan.
The Controls Engineer position will be based out of Zeeco’s CT office. This position will be responsible for providing controls and instrumentation expertise for a variety of product related inquiries.
- Review of project engineering and sales packages to determine the scope of equipment Zeeco is to supply to our customer.
- Reading the customer specifications and implementing those specifications as they apply to the “AS SOLD” equipment.
- Development of P&ID drawings in coordination with the project, sales and process engineers to meet the Zeeco “AS SOLD” package and customer specification requirements.
- Development of control panel BOM’s that include control enclosures, pilot lights, push-buttons, selector switches, relays, timers, trip alarms, purge systems and PLC's.
- Develop ISA data sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitters along with ISA data sheets for control valves, positioners, analytical, and various other types of instrumentation.
- Develop drawings for control panels, power distribution, junction boxes, and aviation warning light systems. Included drawings are general arrangement, internal layout, schematics and interconnection and wire diagrams.
- Develop logic diagrams in ISA format for complex logic devices such as PLC’s and DCS systems.
- Prepare cable BOM’s, routing plans and schedules.
- Perform inspection and test of equipment prior to shipment form Zeeco’s fabrication facility. Inspections and test may be performed with the customer present.
- Occasional travel to assist the Zeeco sales group or assist the customer with commissioning of the Zeeco supplied control system. Travel includes domestic as well as overseas destinations.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NOTICE TO AGENCY RECRUITERS
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes. Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do NOT send resumes to any of our Supervisors, Managers or Executives.