Referral and Admissions Coordinator
- San Francisco, CA
Are you passionate about serving others? We are. Join us at Zen Hospice Project, where our mission is to help change the experience of dying. We create space for living that offers the opportunity for individuals, their loved ones and caregivers to find comfort, connection, and healing in this shared human experience. Through our pioneering model of care, we inspire each other to live fully. To learn more about us visit www.zenhospice.org.
We are excited to announce a new position in our Guest House! The new Referral and Admissions Coordinator’s main purpose is to serve as an ambassador for ZHP in cultivating and maintaining community partnerships to drive new admissions. He/she will also play a critical role in assessing the comprehensive needs of prospective residents and their families, and informing them of ZHP's caregiving model, services and values. Example responsibilities of the Referral and Admissions Coordinator include:
- Communicating and collaborating with outside agencies, hospitals and hospice programs
- Establishing and maintaining a robust referral list
- Assisting the Director of Nursing and Clinical Nurse Manager in maintaining fruitful working relationships with hospitals currently contracted with ZHP, and developing new hospital agreements and collaborations
- Assessing prospective residents’ eligibility for admission to the Guest House by performing site visits and reviewing available clinical information
- Coordinating the intake and admissions process for new residents
- Attending to the psycho-social needs of residents, families and nursing staff
- Graduate of an accredited RN training program with current licensure (RN) or graduate of an accredited Social Work training program with current licensure (LCSW)
- 3+ years of nursing or social work experience in an end-of-life care setting
- 2+ years of referral development and/or admissions experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive, therapeutic relationships within and outside of an organization
Zen Hospice Project offers an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, chiropractic care, and acupuncture coverage, professional development opportunities, 403(B) retirement savings account, and generous paid time off. Salary is individualized and commensurate with experience.