Concierge Benefits Advisor - Health Insurance Experience Required
- Chicago, IL
Understanding benefit coverage, costs, and deductibles is no small feat. Finding in-network doctors and specialists can be another headache—especially when you already have a headache. Zest Health provides simple, effective, human access to members’ benefits with our high-tech, high-touch concierge experience. Members get the information they need, on their terms, to make the best decisions for their health. Our Concierge Benefits Advisors act as member advocates and are a vital part of our clients' success.
We’re growing quickly and are looking for a sharp problem solver to provide healthcare advocacy services to Zest Health members in a contact center environment. From helping members understand their insurance benefits to scheduling appointments with providers and investigating claim and billing inquiries, you’ll deliver exceptional concierge support alongside our team of registered nurses.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief introductory note about yourself and why you think you're a fit for this position. Great communication is an essential part of the role, so don't forget the intro!
What You'll Do:
- Anticipate member needs and provide personalized, concierge services to members of Zest Health’s client portfolio
- Advocate on behalf of members: interpret insurance policy benefits, investigate claims, billing inquiries and insurance disputes
- Assist members with enrollment questions about company-sponsored benefit plans, both during open enrollment and, as eligible, throughout the year
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of member requests, including thorough documentation of request and outcomes
- Effectively use internal tools and resources to resolve client and member issues, clearly communicating feedback to team leaders as needed
- Partner with account management to communicate HR/Benefits policies, procedures, and programs
- Through ongoing training, reach and maintain a strong working knowledge of group insurance plans and employee program offerings
- Assist when needed as a helpdesk support person for employees who need help with self-service functions of the Zest Health app
- Adhere to established performance metrics to meet client service level agreement(s) and maintain compliance of all organizational standards
What You'll Need:
- Vibrant personality and professional presence
- 2-3 years of customer service experience required
- Minimum of 1 year of health insurance or employee benefits experience required; health insurance licensure a plus
- Analytical orientation and strong critical thinking – ability to gather, research and synthesize complex information
- Comfort using new technology and offering feedback for improvements
- Adaptable and interested in working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to flex with the needs of the business; some weekend or holiday hours may be required
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education/training preferred
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of employer benefits
- Understanding of concierge customer service philosophy
- Experience in CPT and ICD-9 coding, familiarity with medical terminology and billing
- Startup/small company experience
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Free in-building gym access
- Generous PTO policy
- Free snacks, coffee, and soda in our stocked kitchen
- Company outings & happy hours
- Michigan avenue office location
- Casual, challenging and engaging startup atmosphere
- 401k & FSA programs and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Personalized Zest Health service with telemedicine and 24/7 support of our Concierge team – help with your healthcare choices whenever you need it!
More About Us:
Zest Health is a young and innovative technology company, based in Chicago, IL, that created a new health and benefits experience. We are a team of business leaders, healthcare professionals, engineers, and entrepreneurs on a mission to reinvent the way consumers make healthcare decisions. Our mobile solution and concierge service empowers members to be savvier healthcare consumers who are happier, smarter, and more confident using and navigating the healthcare system. Zest Health serves self-insured employers, health plans, and provider systems across the country.