- Chicago, IL
Understanding benefit coverage, costs, and deductibles is no small feat. Finding in-network doctors and specialists can be a headache—especially when you have a headache. Zest Health provides simple, effective, human access to members’ benefits with our high-tech, high-touch concierge experience. Members get the information they need, on their terms, to make the best decisions for their health.
We are looking for a service-oriented candidate to join our team and grow with us - quickly. We need someone with an excellent phone presence that is detail-oriented and wants to deliver top-notch customer service within a health care contact center environment. The Appointment Coordinator serves as an initial contact for our members via telephone, email and chat, and assists them in a manner consistent with Zest Health’s customer service philosophy. The Coordinator assesses needs of the member to determine appropriate scheduling with health care providers within a time and sequence acceptable to the member’s needs and company policy.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief introductory note about yourself and why you think you're a fit for this position. Great communication is an essential part of the job, so don't forget the intro!
What You'll Do:
- Provide patient-centered customer service in accordance with Zest Health’s service standards
- Answer incoming calls; assess caller’s needs and direct to appropriate personnel
- Responsible for patient scheduling, providing appropriate guidance regarding insurance coverage and eligibility
- Schedule appointments, using computerized scheduling system
- Schedule appointments to best meet the needs of the member in adherence with providers’ availability
- Reschedule and cancel appointments as needed
- Provide referral services as needed
- Register members for Zest Health app, verify and accurately update member data
- Assist, when needed, as a helpdesk support person for employees who need assistance with self-service functions of the Zest Health app
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient health information
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings, and educational classes as required
What You'll Need:
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a healthcare or customer service role required
- Customer focused with an optimistic, upbeat personality
- Excellent written and oral communication, including grammar and spelling, with a high degree of professionalism
- Resourceful and eager to problem solve when necessary
- Strong ability to prioritize, comfortable committing to deadlines
- Adaptable with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Tech-savvy – comfortable learning new software and navigating mobile apps/the internet
Nice to Haves:
- Background (internship or professional experience) in employee benefits or health insurance
- Startup or small company experience
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Free in-building gym access
- Generous PTO policy
- Free snacks, coffee, and soda in our stocked kitchen
- Company outings & happy hours
- Michigan avenue office location
- Casual, challenging and engaging startup atmosphere
- 401k & FSA programs and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Personalized Zest Health service with telemedicine and 24/7 support of our Concierge team – help with your healthcare choices whenever you need it!
More About Us:
Zest Health is a young and innovative technology company, based in Chicago, IL, that created a new health and benefits experience. We are a team of business leaders, healthcare professionals, engineers, and entrepreneurs on a mission to reinvent the way consumers make healthcare decisions. Our mobile solution and concierge service empowers members to be savvier healthcare consumers who are happier, smarter, and more confident using and navigating the healthcare system. Zest Health serves self-insured employers, health plans, and provider systems across the country.