- St Peters, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
Zoltek currently seeks a Development Chemist to join our R&D team at our new Composites Technical Center in St. Peters, MO.
As Development Chemist your responsibilities would include the following:
- Work in conjunction with the R&D Manager and provide chemical testing and analysis on projects as assigned
- Coordinate sizing trials in support of product development and second-sourcing activities
- Organize product regulatory and sustainability data and related customer concerns
- Assist with product/process troubleshooting efforts
- Act as the site Laboratory Safety Liaison
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Previous hands-on lab experience
- Experience with polymers
- Resourcefulness, effective communication
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to produce extremely accurate results
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.