Vice President of Global Operations
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide. Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is seeking an Operations leader to provide the leadership, management and vision to meet ambitious growth goals. The Director of Global Operations will be based in St. Louis. He or She will be tasked to significantly improve the organization’s manufacturing disciplines, metrics and culture towards driving performance improvements in established facilities in United States, Mexico, and Hungary. The successful candidate will have direct oversight of Plant operations and the Plant Managers at all major manufacturing locations (Hungary, Mexico, Abilene Texas and St Louis Missouri). Other responsibilities include: Deploying corporate strategic initiatives such as lean/six sigma within these plants, budgeting process and control, daily/weekly/monthly reporting, capital spending oversight, customer visits (quality and sales focus), etc.
- Strategy: A passion for global manufacturing, lean & continuous improvement and high level strategic decision making. You will be an impact player able to assist us in driving the strategic thinking of the Company in the operational area of the business.
- Leadership and Training: Highly developed leadership skills and evidence of building high performance teams, ensuring training and implementing succession planning. You will need to develop managers so that they can become future leaders within our organization.
- Culture Change Agent: The ability to drive cultural change throughout an organization and set, drive and enforce global standards. You will need to bring together teams in the U.S., Hungary and Mexico and help them to work effectively together.
- Communicator: Superb communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive and develop an engaged workforce and a very strong desire to lead a team through complex change. You will need to overcome challenges to change and drive towards a vision.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 15 years or more manufacturing experience.
- An understanding of manufacturing for an international operation. Exposure to Europe and Asia manufacturing operations a plus.
- Strong quality and safety orientation with the ability to drive and uphold quality and safety standards on a global basis.
- Design operational plans and budgets at different levels of the organization, tied to departmental goals and corporate strategy, ensuring that strong performers are recognized.
- Manufacturing industries with Carbon fiber, fiberglass, composites and or textile manufacturing experience a plus.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.