Mechanical Design Engineer - Entec Composite Machines
- Salt Lake City, UT
Entec Composite Machines is a machine fabricator that designs, develops and manufactures carbon fiber winding machinery and other specialty composites manufacturing equipment. Entec has developed the reputation for producing the most durable winding, pultrusion and fiber-placement machines on the market. Entec’s name is known internationally for composite machinery: about 70% of the world’s filament wound golf shafts and over 80% of the world’s composite pressure vessels are wound on Entec filament winding machines.
Entec is a division of Zoltek Companies, Inc., a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral member of Entec’s design team as we move our organization into the next generation of equipment design, with special attention to the CNG natural gas vessel market.
- Design, engineer and modify machines and systems relating to internal or customer driven specifications regarding process performance, safety, quality and applicable standards such as CE, etc.
- Model/draft and issue prints of various systems and subsystems being designed or modified
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager to meet budgetary goals and delivery schedules.
- Attend project kickoff meetings as directed by project manager, play an active role in brainstorming solutions to meet internal and customer requirements
- Actively participate in design review process as required depending on current milestone of the project, communicate needs, results, scheduling and budgetary issues to project manager
- Design experiments, conduct, collect and analyze data and communicate results to the team as required during new process development stages
- Research various components, services, processes to determine best fit for a given application, with respect to function, time to implement, and cost
- Ensure machine safety: all applicable standards are followed and electromechanical systems are designed in a manner that is generally safe to operators
- Create or participate in the creation of the machine manuals as directed by project manager
- Maintain records of engineering data for each job/machine/project
- Travel to customer sites for installation, training and debugging on an as needed basis
- Play an active role in the ongoing improvement of machines and systems design and development
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or allied field)
- Min. 5 years’ experience in machine equipment design and fabrication techniques
- Experience in composites manufacturing processes, equipment and machinery, preferably filament winding
- Very good knowledge of and experience with modeling (SolidWorks CAD)
- Solid computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Team oriented but with the ability to work independently
Location: Salt Lake City, UT. Some travel might be required.
Reports to: Project/Engineering Manager
Compensation and Benefits:
Entec / Zoltek offers a competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package:
- Medical plan
- Dental plan
- Prescription drug benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Sick time
- Holiday pay
- Tuition assistance program
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Optional life insurance
- 401(k) program
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online. Entec is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.