Vice President Business Development - Zoltek Automotive
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is seeking a Vice President of Business Development - Zoltek Automotive reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This position will develop a business based strategy & plan that will put Zoltek in the leadership position for carbon fiber products sales to the automotive market.
This position will define OEMs and Tier 1 manufacturers’ strategies & plans for use of carbon fiber in North America, Europe, and Asia; actively interact with these companies to support their applications for carbon fiber. This position will develop and implement a communications / marketing strategy, develop Zoltek Automotive organizational structure, define and develop technical support needs for North America, Europe, and Asia and define global sales support and concepts.
- Work Experience: 10 years or more in business development, technical sales or equivalent.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business. A Bachelor of Science degree in marketing/sales or engineering is a plus.
- Industry Knowledge: Keen working knowledge of global automobile manufactures, manufacturing industries with Carbon fiber, fiberglass, composites and or textile manufacturing experience a plus.
- International Experience: Understand North America, Europe and Asia automobile manufactures and insights into their product development group. Exposure to Europe and Asia manufacturing operations a plus.
- Strategic Business Development: Must have the strategic thinking and business / marketing skills to develop a business strategy and plan for the automotive market based on understanding of strategies and plans of OEMs and Tier 1 manufacturers. This includes developing a strong Zoltek market position in near term applications for carbon fiber, as well as developing and demonstrating Zoltek products for use in automotive manufacturing processes and distinguish Zoltek for lowest cost, supply availability, and technology development and support.
- Leadership and Training: Highly developed leadership skills and evidence of building high performance teams, ensuring training and implementing succession planning. You will need to develop managers so that they can become future leaders within our organization.
- Culture Change Agent: The ability to drive cultural change throughout an organization and set, drive and enforce global standards. You will need to bring together teams in the U.S., Hungary and Mexico and help them to work effectively together.
- Communicator: Superb communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive and develop an engaged team of professionals and a very strong desire to lead a team through complex change. You will need to overcome challenges to change and drive towards a vision. This will include developing much closer interactions with key decision makers at Automotive OEMs and Tier 1 Manufacturers to better understand their strategies and plans for the use of carbon fiber composites. This will also include developing communications & marketing strategy; developing Zoltek Automotive organizational structure; defining & developing technical and sales support needs in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Administration and Budgets: Design operational plans and budgets at different levels of the organization, tied to departmental goals and corporate strategy, ensuring that strong performers are recognized.
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay, stock option, and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.