Machine Design Engineer
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide. Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The candidate's primary responsibilities will be the design and upgrading of current and new machine systems. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring equipment produces the intermediate product that meets the specifications required by our customers. The position requires a “hands on” approach in being able to run machines, fix problems raised by the manufacturing process, and to implement improvements.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in machine design of SMC (Sheet Molding Compound) and Prepreg machines within a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with various control system such as Siemens and Allen Bradley
- Experience in FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Hands on experience building machines, previous machining experience is a plus
- Knowledge of resin handling systems (Zenith pumps, Read-co resin mixing systems, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work with associates outside group, suppliers and customer
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.