Quality Assurance Manager
- St. Peters, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide. Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for overall product quality and implementing a world-class quality management system.
- Implement global quality management system, including AS9100 certification
- Maintain and continually improve quality system
- Monitor product performance, develop and maintain metrics, and initiate action to address manufacturing issues
- Perform customer specification reviews
- Function as quality liaison for customer support and convey expectations to plant personnel
- Perform supplier management functions such as audits and assessments
- Set up, manage, and supervise quality control laboratory and technicians
- Establish and manage receiving inspection process
- Operate advanced analytical instruments and analyze/interpret data collected
- Independently determine validity of analytical results
- Troubleshoot and calibrate lab instrumentation as required
- Maintain MSDS records and update process according to regulated changes
- Maintain all aspects of HazMat related items within the plant (storage, disposal, reporting, and training)
- Production reporting on samples to the Plant Manager
- 3-5 years’ experience with AS9100 quality systems
- Working knowledge of SPC, chemical and/or mechanical testing experience
- Project management experience and industry experience in chemicals/coatings/plastics/adhesives/composites a plus
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Develop and drive your own agenda.
- B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent work experience
- Formal quality systems training (ASQ Certification) and Six Sigma Green Belt are preferred
- Must have experience with start-up environment with 3-5 years in a manufacturing setting
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.