Production / Process Operator
- Saint Charles, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The candidate will operate equipment used for manufacturing and chopping of carbon fibers in a safe manner and in accordance with the technical data sheet (TDS) and operating manual in compliance with Zoltek’s safety procedures. The position requires lifting, turning, bending, reaching, pulling, walking and standing for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to tolerate the heat and must be able to wear a dust mask and/or gloves.
- Responsible for following procedures to ensure safety, quality and production of product.
- Feed continuous strands of carbon fiber through chopper to be cut to length per customer’s specifications.
- Monitor chopper to ensure correct operation of equipment.
- Inspect size/quality of processed material, ensuring customer’s specifications are met.
- Remove boxes up to 40 pounds from scale and properly close and seal for shipment, attach labels and complete necessary paperwork for inventory control.
- Remove and package samples for quality control inspection.
- Inspect equipment and product for potential problems and report to the supervisor immediately.
- Assemble boxes for packaging.
- Rebuild chopper head as required by replacing cutting blades.
- Communicate, as a team, with supervisor and co-workers.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean.
- Be knowledgeable of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety procedures for your work area, including emergency shut-down power loss and evacuation procedures.
- A high school or a GED is required.
- One year of manufacturing or industrial technology experience is desired.
- Good finger and manual dexterity is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
The starting rate for this role is $11.00 per her. Zoltek also offers a competitive benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.