US Accounting Controller
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide. Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The US Accounting Manager co-ordinates, monitors and evaluates the day-to-day accounting activities for several United Sates-based manufacturing facilities. He or she will primarily have oversight for development and management of accounting records. The responsibilities include managing the general ledger and monthly close process. The candidate will work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s accounting systems. The role will support and work closely with the finance department in preparation of consolidated financial results.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules for use and review by plant and corporate management teams, and inclusion within consolidated financial statements.
- Responsible for the monthly financial close; preparation and review of journal entries and ensures that balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting adjustments are recorded to comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Preparation and analysis of plant operating information, including preparation of management operations reports.
- Oversee all accounting operations, including Inventory, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Revenue and GL. Oversees Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables functions, supports Payroll process and collaborates the recording of inventory movement transactions.
- Responsible for monitoring cash position and preparation bank account reconciliation.
- Maintain level of appropriate internal controls to ensure accurate information and safeguarding of assets. Prepare for the quarterly reviews and annual audit of the company’s financial statements.
- Preparation and filing of property taxes and payroll related reports.
- Assist with other relevant projects and duties as assigned by Director of Accounting.
- Develop, maintain, and foster good relationships with plant personnel and corporate support departments.
- Directly supervises employees in the accounting department and supports payroll and plant personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA certification or MBA is preferred.
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical accounting experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize business, operational metrics and financial data.
- Results oriented, hands-on experience in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced technical expertise with MS Excel and strong in other PC applications (PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent ERP systems skills – with experience in Ross preferred.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.