- St. Peters, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
Zoltek Companies has a current opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at our Composite Intermediates facility in St. Peters, MO. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform general mechanical maintenance work such as installing, maintaining, and/or repairing pumps, motors, drives, ovens, furnaces, bearings and pipe systems. You will also be expected to effectively communicate with your supervisor and co-workers, document information, keep equipment and work area clean and organized.
- A certification or a technical degree from a college or technical school
- At least three years of experience in plant maintenance, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Welding training and experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to read/interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability and willingness to maintain a safe and ethical work environment, and to work as a team member are needed.
- Candidates must be able to wear a full face respirator (no full beards) and must be able to perform confined space entries for repairs inside furnaces.
- Must be computer literate and be familiar with MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet Explorer
The work schedule will be 12-hour rotating shift working either nights or days.
Occasional weekend/holiday on-call duty may be required.
Zoltek offers a competitive benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to Keirra.Black@zoltek.com. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.