- St. Peters, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
- Perform various sizing and extrusion trials in a safe manner.
- Collect samples and conduct testing.
- Analyze results obtained from raw data.
- Organize and maintain data files and prepare technical reports and graphs.
- Help out pultrusion and prepreg trials as needed
- Assist various R&D projects, as required, by attaining test data, analyzing results, and preparing samples.
- Maintain a clean and professional environment in the laboratory.
- High school education (Associate degree, preferred) with experience in plastic production.
- Experience in laboratory environment utilizing test equipment.
- Good communication skills. Motivated. Team player.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to think through complex processes.
- Computer knowledge (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mails, etc.)
- Some mechanical aptitude for minor adjustment and calibrations.
- Capabilities to read, understand, and analyze instructions for mixing and compounding.
- Prior experience in plastic extrusion is highly desirable.
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.