- St. Charles, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
- Plans and conducts, or works with other personnel performing, complex engineering tests, to prove, or modify theoretical propositions on basis of research findings and or experiences
- Evaluates findings to develop new concepts, products, equipment, or processes, or to develop applications of finds to new use
- Prepares technical reports for use by engineering or management personnel for long – and short-range planning or for use by sales engineering personnel in sales or technical services activities
- Works on projects such as design and start-up operations
- Develops mass and energy balances, P & IDs, system descriptions and process specifications
- Work on carbon fiber property control and optimization: Tensile strength; modulus, and surface treatment
- May work on other projects such as carbon fiber sizing and tow testing for mechanical properties and flex property composites
- Continuous improvement of product quality
- Development of new processes
- Equipment improvement projects
- Efficiency improvement projects
- All plant environmental projects and environmental maintenance or technical assistance
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in either mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or electrical engineering from four-year college or university
- One to two years related manufacturing experience and/or training
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.