Vice President Global Sales
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is seeking a Vice President of Global Sales in St Louis, Missouri. This individual will be responsible for the overall Sales & Business Development to ensure the company meets their aggressive growth plans.
- Proven track record of managing a sales team including coaching and developing staff, setting aggressive targets and monitoring performance against targets.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to problem solving for win/win solutions with peer team members, management and customers.
- Drive the development of the overall global sales strategy – how to approach the market, what channels to use, and what organizational capabilities must be put in place to succeed.
- Develop the strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve outlined revenue goals.
- Build internal metrics to bring detailed visibility to individual and global sales goals.
- Lead the executive team in determining how best to achieve continued sales growth. Make sure that all necessary infrastructure support mechanisms and key team members are in place to sustain growth.
- Provide a high-level of both strategic as well as tactical acumen as a full member of the executive team.
- Build relationships with partners to penetrate new accounts.
- Provide vision on market positioning including how to expand the product offering, as well as shorten the product sales cycle.
St. Louis, Missouri. Up to 30% travel is necessary in order to allow for time to deal directly with employees at our manufacturing facilities.
- Industry Knowledge: Experience in manufacturing industries with carbon fiber, fiberglass, composites, chemicals, resins, textile or a related industry is required.
- International Experience: An understanding of sales channels and marketing strategies for an international operation. Exposure to Europe and Asia manufacturing operations a plus.
- Work Experience: 10+ years in global sales and marketing.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business. Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Strategy: A passion for global sales and marketing with a high level strategic decision making. You will be an impact player able to assist us in driving the strategic thinking of the Company in the sales and marketing areas of the business.
- Leadership and Training: Highly developed leadership skills and evidence of building high performance teams, ensuring training and implementing succession planning. You will need to develop managers so that they can become future leaders within our organization.
- Culture Change Agent: The ability to drive cultural change throughout an organization and set, drive and enforce global standards. You will need to bring together teams in the U.S., Hungary and Mexico and help them to work effectively together.
- Communicator: Superb communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive and develop an engaged workforce and a very strong desire to lead a team through complex change. You will need to overcome challenges to change and drive towards a vision.
- Administration and Budgets: Design operational plans and budgets at different levels of the organization, tied to departmental goals and corporate strategy, ensuring that strong performers are recognized.
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay, stock option, and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.