Mechanical Design Engineer
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The candidate will design, engineer, and modify existing or new product designs to meet customer expectations and specifications. The candidate will verify structural acceptability of designs by testing prototypes for reliability, utilize engineering tools such as FMEAs, FEA, and DFMA to validate design content, and eEvaluate materials and parts for use in new designs including communicating with current and new suppliers.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical engineering discipline
- Experience with composites manufacturing processes, equipment, and machinery.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing / machining / production setting
- Experience with or formal training with concurrent engineering or phased development process.
- Solid modeling experience (preferably SolidWorks)
- Must have thorough knowledge of design techniques, procedures and guidelines.
- Experience or training with GD&T
- Must have experience with lean manufacturing techniques as related to machine tool design—SMED systems, quality systems.
- Experience designing composite parts from materials/processes is required.
- Must have experience with Design for Assmebly (DFA) and Design for Manufacture (DFM) principles
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.