Product Manager - Carbon Fiber Prepreg
- St. Peters, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, which includes: gathering and prioritizing prepreg product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the prepreg product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Provide technical support to existing global sales force
- Evaluate and develop Prepreg business opportunities and guide product develop accordingly
- Lead follow up of new business opportunities identified by sales team
- Manage all commercial and technical issues of new and existing Prepreg accounts (testing, qualification, etc.)
- Provide “voice of the customer” to Zoltek’s internal departments – e.g., quality, product development, continuous improvement initiatives, etc.
- Support forecasting and market planning input
- Conduct market research and develop business cases for new applications.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree / equivalent technical education – Technical background: Chemistry, Chemical, Materials or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Knowledgeable of Prepreg products and process
- Proven track record in product management or business development. Materials, composites, chemicals, plastics industry experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Develop and drive your own agenda.
- Must be resourceful, ask intelligent questions, and know where to find answers
- Ability to travel as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.