Product Manager - Thermoplastics
- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Guadalajara Mexico (≈300 employees) and Nyergesujfalu Hungary (≈850 employees), and our sales and distribution network is worldwide.
Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
The Product Manager - Short Fibers is responsible for the planning and execution of sales and production levels of our chop fiber product line. This work includes: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product line, working closely with engineering, sales, distributors, and technical support to ensure revenue/profitability goals are met.
This position can be based in our World Headquarters in St. Louis, MO (if U.S. based) or in Asia (Singapore, Korea, Japan or China). The job will require travel up to 50% of the time.
- Setting strategy for short fibers sales growth, and executing against that strategy.
- Manage all commercial and technical issues of new and existing chopped fiber accounts (testing, qualification, etc.)
- Evaluate and develop chopped fiber business opportunities and guide product develop accordingly
- Lead follow up of new business opportunities identified by sales team
- Provide “voice of the customer” to Zoltek’s internal departments – e.g., quality, product development, continuous improvement initiatives, etc.
- Lead forecasting and market planning input
- Conduct market research and develop business cases for new applications
The Product Manager will report to: Vice President, Composite Intermediates.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree / equivalent technical education – Technical background: Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Proven track record in Product Management or Business Development. Materials, composites, chemicals, plastics industry experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable of Thermoplastic Processing (extrusion, injection molding, compression molding, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Develop and drive your own agenda.
- Must be resourceful, ask intelligent questions, and know where to find answers.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.