- St. Peters, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other diverse industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Mexico and Hungary, and our sales and distribution network is worldwide. Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
Zoltek is looking for Production Operators to join our team in St. Peters, MO in our Carbon Fiber Composite Intermediates facility. Duties will include:
- Setting-up and operating equipment to process carbon fiber for composite products
- Resin/polymer mixing, batch mixing, epoxy resin film process, casting epoxy resin film on paper
- Continuous feeding of batch carbon fiber into machine, inspecting product during production, and inspecting finished goods before shipment.
- Packaging, labeling, documentation.
- Keep equipment and work area safe, clean and organized, participate in safety culture.
- Effectively communicate with shift foremen and co-workers.
Work Schedule: The full-time operator positions work 12-hour shifts. Night shift schedule is 6 pm to 6am, day shift is 6am to 6pm. The work week is an alternating 36 or 48 hours (12 hour shifts rotating on a 2 weeks cycle: 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off) resulting in 3 day weekends every other week and some built in overtime.
- Graduation from high school or a GED is required
- Experience of 1 year or more in manufacturing or a factory environment is strongly desired
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, read and interpret documents, follow procedures, document information, communicate effectively with foreman and co-workers
- Ability to work in quick-paced production environment; troubleshoot and take effective corrective action to resolve problems
- Maintain a safe and ethical work environment, work as a team member
- Ability to lift, turn, bend, reach, pull, walk, and stand for periods of time.
Compensation: The starting rate for this role is $12.00 per hour with opportunities for performance based increases. Zoltek also offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical plan
- Dental plan
- Vision insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
- Tuition assistance program
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Optional life insurance
- 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Please indicate your availability/preference for day shift, night shift or both.
Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.