- St Louis, MO
Zoltek Companies, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of industrial grade carbon fiber. Our mission is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber through our development of a price-competitive, high-performance reinforcement for composites used in a broad range of commercial products. Our target markets include wind energy, automotive, offshore drilling, marine, infrastructure, and many other industrial markets. We currently employ over 1,300 employees at manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Mexico and Hungary, and our sales and distribution network is worldwide. Learn more at www.zoltek.com.
We are searching for a full-time financial and cost analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis to assist the Finance & Accounting Department in a growing, global environment.
The Financial Analyst's main responsibilities will include:
- Be a key leader for development of management reporting for our U.S. operations.
- Lead reporting and analysis of inventory targets and build forecasts for global production planning efforts.
- Develop cost models for manufactured materials.
- Work to develop analysis and cost models for new product development and R&D materials.
- Team up with plant operations to build operating metrics. Institute these metrics into our monthly reporting process.
- Partner with business areas to understand priorities, business drivers and emerging requirements for Management Reporting.
- Manage our global capital projects reporting process.
- Determine, prioritize and lead future phases of application and process development to meet profitability reporting and analysis requirements, reduce manual efforts and drive efficiencies.
- Uncover operating discrepancies and shortcomings and makes recommendations for corrections, operating improvements and cost savings.
- Develop analysis of key commodities and market analysis to optimize pricing arbitrage.
- Work with various U.S. government agencies on required grant reporting for funding.
- Perform month-end variance analyses and account reconciliations for limited accounts.
- Complete control activities related to internal controls to meet the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Regulation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of Accounting or Finance experience with analytical skills and responsibilities
- Manufacturing accounting or industry financial analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to solve problems
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Audit experience a plus
- Ability to fit in with Zoltek culture and Finance/Accounting team
- Experience using financial software packages, i.e. General Ledger, Financial Reporting Tools, etc. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to interact with both peers and executive management in a positive manner.
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.