Business Intelligence Consultant
- Buffalo Grove, IL
In the past three years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 100+ destined for a new 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 450,000 unique products. This position will be based out of our Buffalo Grove, IL office which is accessible by Metra.
Imagine what you could help us achieve over the next three years as a Business Intelligence Consultant!
Zoro is hiring a Business Intelligence Consultant for our group located in our Buffalo Grove, Illinois office. We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded talent that thrives in a collaborative environment focusing on collective solutions that drive additional business and continually improves the customer experience.
The Business Intelligence Consultant will be the key contributor to development of marketing strategy and customer engagement planning via advanced marketing analyses. The major responsibilities include creating and producing key customer and business reporting for the organization and perform customer research, ad-hoc analyses on marketing campaigns and business performance, statistical analysis for insights related to key business drivers and customer insights. This role provides support to key business partners by providing accurate, relevant information for decision making.
The successful candidate is passionate about internet marketing, learning about all aspects of the Zoro business and collaborates well with others. Our aggressive growth goals mean that your day-to-day responsibilities and projects can vary greatly—which means all the more opportunity for you to make an impact!
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Producing weekly & monthly reports on company financial & customer performance and key performance indicators
- Product reports and analysis on key business channels, attribution analysis, marketing mix, marketing campaign performance and impact of key initiatives
- Identify key trends, issues and root causes and make recommendations
- Prepare and deliver presentations to different audiences
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Conduct some basic statistical analysis to better understand data insights (Histogram/Boxplot, t-test, ANOVA, linear regression, cluster etc.)
- 3-5 years experience in a business analytics role, including at least 1-2 years of experience in statistical modeling by using SAS or R.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline or sufficient on the job use of related skills in a business environment; demonstrated comfort in working with large amounts of data
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Strong spreadsheet modeling, presentation creation and communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL AND SAS or R required. You must be able to run basic SQL queries and know how to use SAS or R.
- Experience using SPSS, Oracle, and other query tools on large databases strongly preferred
- Knowledge of digital marketing principles and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of statistics testing methods
- Experience in digital & web analytics a plus
- Hands-on experience with any digital/online/integrated marketing analyses is strongly preferred; channel analysis, category performance, pricing, customer segmentation, campaign reporting, A/B testing.
Those interested can forward a resume directly to:
ariel dot pao at zoro dot com
View our open positions at:
Meet some of the skulk at: