Professional Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Extensive industry experience and detailed knowledge of the retail C&I electric industry is critical.
- Intimate understanding of Eastern PJM electricity markets is essential.
- 10+ years of sales, sales management experience required
- 5-10 years of relevant retail energy industry experience is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience managing a high-performance direct sales team is required, preferably within the energy industry.
- This position may require regional travel; owning or having access to reliable transportation is required.
- This position may require periodic national travel; ability to work remotely is favourable.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project and CRM/SFA database software is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a Master’s Degree in Business is preferred.
- Embodies AEP Energy Values
- Enthusiastic learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Displays confidence in ability and performance on subject and role, exudes subject matter expertise.
- Seasoned approach to sales management with a focus on accountability.
- Adept in strategic and tactical realms.
Style / Approach:
- Consultative work-style with strong service and results orientation; develop understanding of complex issues, offer advice and road-map to solutions.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Effective and comfortable in a dynamic/fast-paced work environment.
- High-energy, drive and ambition.
- Attention to detail, while also considering the big picture.
- Consistent performer recognized for unbridled passion for work with a driven, upbeat, self-motivated and positive attitude.
- High EQ: superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy, win-win mindset, relationship-builder, able to work with diverse group of colleagues.
- Proactive problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle stress in a professional and productive manner.
- Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Strong multi-tasking ability required.
- Demonstrated ability to run/manage several sales campaigns simultaneously.
- Ability to make logical business decisions effectively with limited information and guidance, if needed.
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, presentation and listening with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills-- conceptual and analytical.
- Well organized with effective problem-solving skills: ability to work from concept to analytics, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions.
Delivers high quality work consistently and on time.