IT Business Analyst E-Commerce
- Chicago, IL
AEP Energy. Within a complex world, our mission is quite simple -- we help our customers use less energy and spend less for it. Since 2002, we’ve been true to that mission, which explains our phenomenal growth and why more and more customers choose AEP Energy every day. AEP Energy may be one of the most exciting companies that you’ll encounter. We’re fueled by a team of passionate individuals who are intelligent, dedicated, and driven toward success. We are confident of our ongoing growth based on this winning combination -- great people, intelligently crafted strategies, a progressive culture, within an industry that offers abundant opportunity.
AEP Energy has a proven track record of achievement and a commitment to being the "most admired" energy solutions company in North America. At AEP Energy, you’ll have a rewarding and evolving work experience comprised of intellectual challenge, professional growth, and competitive financial rewards within a fast and vibrant culture.
We are dynamic, growing, and searching for great talent.
The Business Analyst (BA) serves as the liaison between IT and business leaders. In this role, the BA is responsible for gathering requirements for designing business information systems, interpreting technology concerns to business leads, modifying systems to improve production or workflow and deploying new applications or expanding systems to serve a new purpose.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders; document project vision; business process flows; supporting requirements;
develop use case and use case models; develop test cases and test plans.
- Provide business analysis for new solutions to improve business operational efficiency, performance and quality.
- Manage requirements and analysis with software engineering and quality assurance teams.
- Manage issues and concerns during design and development to ensure adherence to requirements.
- Provide support during quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Act as a liaison between end users and Information Technology (IT) team during testing cycles.
- Manage and track scope change requests for various project iterations.
- Communicate status updates to Program/Project Managers.
- Provide Project management assistance in managing and resolving issues and risks on various project iterations.
- Support operational requests from end users and channel those requests to IT Operations team.
- Provide assistance on operational support requests
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Development knowledge and experience using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and
- Knowledge and experience using proven software engineering methodology (i.e. RUP, Agile, ICONIX, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using a business process modeling tools such as Sparx
Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Experience in identifying and implementing business patterns.
- Knowledge and experience in UMLv2.
- Utilize UML modeling tools to create use case realizations and activity diagrams as well as create
simple middleware development patterns and detailed design documents.
- Experience in developing system test plans, test cases, as well as implementing system tests using tool
- Past experience with customer facing and/or transactional web applications
- Familiar with tiered website architectures
- Familiar with web technologies such as HTML & CSS
- Ability to create wireframes or mockups
- Familiar with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Familiar with web content management and publishing systems
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 to 6+ years of experience as a business analyst or similar role with particular emphasis on business process decomposition and use case development.
- 5 to 8+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Embodies AEP Energy Values
- Consultative work-style; develop understanding of client issues, offer advice and road-map to solutions.
- Collaborative; develops and uses relationships to facilitate the pricing process.
- Strong service and results orientation.
- Effective problem-solving skills: ability to work from concept to analytics, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions.
- High EQ-- superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy, win-win mindset, relationship-builder, mediator.
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, presentation and listening with ability to explain and
interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
- Concentration and strong attention to detail.
- High-energy, drive and ambition.
- Well organized; ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to handle stress in a professional and productive manner.
We look forward to receiving your application!All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.